Are you looking for English Notes for class XII of West Bengal Board? Here this is complete notes of an important chapter of English B. Download the notes of the chapter ‘Strong Roots’ by APJ Abdul Kalam. It is prepared to help you in your exam preparation. It has questions and answers of 1 Mark and 6 Marks. Download the PDF file attached. If you find this helpful please Share with your friends and don’t forget to comment below.
STRONG ROOTS NOTES | WEST BENGAL BOARD CLASS XII NOTES | ENGLISH SECOND LANGUAGE
Short Answer Type (Mark 1)
01. What is the full name of APJ Abdul Kalam?
Ans: The full name of Abdul Kalam is Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam.
2. Why was Rameswaram famous to pilgrims?
Ans: Rameswaram was famous to pilgrims for the Shiva temple.
3. What was Kalam’s own world concerned with?
Ans: Kalam’s own world was concerned with science and technology.
4. One of the forebears of Kalam’s mother was awarded by the British the title of ____
5. What type of text is ‘Strong Roots’?
Ans: Dr. Kalam’s ‘Strong roots’ is an autobiography.
6. What is the source of ‘Strong Roots’? Or, What is the name of the book from which the extract ‘Strong Roots’ has been taken?
Ans: The extract ‘Strong Roots’ has been taken from Kalam’s autobiography ‘Wings of Fire’.
7. Where was APJ Abdul Kalam born?
Ans: APJ Abdul Kalam was born at island town Rameswaram in Tamilnadu.
8. Who were Kalam’s parents?
Ans: Jainulabdeen was Kalam’s father and Ashiamma was his mother.
9. Where did Kalam study Physics?
Ans: Kalam studied Physics at St. Joseph’s College, Tiruchirappalli.
10. Where did Dr. Kalam study aerospace engineering?
Ans: Dr. Kalam studied aerospace engineering at Madras Institute of technology.
11. Where did Kalam begin his career?
Ans: Kalam began his career at Hindustan Aeronautics limited.
(27 More questions….)
Long Answer Type (Marks 6)
2. Give a brief account of Kalam’s childhood as presented in ‘Strong Roots’. Or, Why does Abdul Kalam feel that he had a secure childhood?
Ans: APJ Abdul Kalam was born and brought up in a middle-class Tamil family. His father was neither much educated nor much rich. But he had a great wisdom by birth and true generosity of spirits. Kalam’s mother Ashiamma was a true helpmate to his father. His parents were regarded as an ideal couple. He was a short boy with an undistinguished look but his parents were tall and handsome. Kalam was given everything he needed. All necessities in terms of food, medicine, and clothing were provided for Kalam in his childhood. He was brought up in happiness. He had no material or emotional want. So Kalam claims that he had a secure childhood.
(CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR COMPLETE NOTES)
NOTE: There may be some typing mistakes. So please try to rectify them with the help of your teachers. Good Luck!